Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The Candy Striper Dress

Hello Readers. This dress was one of those clothes swap finds that I wasn't sure about. The big pockets are what really grabbed my attention. Who doesn't like pockets?

There just wasn't anything exciting happening here. And the tiny stripes made it look like an old fashioned candy striper outfit. I wasn't passing out candy at the hospital so I wanted to change that.

 I turned to a trusted friend to help me out. That's right. Rit dye. They don't know me, but I love them. I used the dye formulated for synthetic fabrics because this dress felt like it was acrylic. There was not tag for me to be sure.

It didn't turn out as dark as I thought it would. But I liked the grayish tone a lot. 

 I also shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length because the sleeves were a little too long.

 I thought the new color and a belt made this dress look much better. Spring seems to be on the way in my part of the world. This is a great spring dress.

 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.




No comments: