Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Like a Superhero

Hello Readers. How are you doing in this time of seclusion at home? I hope you are well and just suffering from boredom and not serious illness. If you are ill I hope and pray it passes quickly with no serious complications. If you are in the medical field or serve the public in any way, I thank you for all your hard work. 
I got a call yesterday from my boss saying that I was no longer "essential", so I am going to be home a bit more. I am fine and well here but stress-eating extra carbs at a fast pace. (Chips, pumpkin bread, rice krispie treats, toast with loads of butter, chocolate... I am eating everything.)
Well, let's get to the refashion.

I found this shirt at a clothes swap and I was attracted to the super heroes on the front. It was on the men's table and it turned out a bit larger than I thought it would be. That's OK. I can work with this.

I used a raglan shirt I liked as a model to make my own. I saw something like this on Pinterest and decided to try it. I made the body of my new shirt from the gray shirt. 

I used a different light blue shirt for the material to make the sleeves. I also cut the neckband off that light blue shirt to make the a neckband for my new shirt.

 I put my new shirt together in no time. I liked the way the superhero characters covered the front of the shirt. It was still a bit too long. I cut off the plain gray fabric at the bottom of the shirt and made it shorter.

 What about these great stretchy jeans? They were a fabulous ultra-marine color that seemed to match Captain America perfectly. If it's good enough for him then it's good enough for me right?
Thanks for the jeans Miriam!
 
I took the sides in a little and made them shorter.
 (I am always making things shorter. #shortgirlproblems)

 I wish I could say I respond to emergencies and disasters like a superhero. In all honesty, I am usually the first one to completely freak out. (Why wait when I can start panicking now? I am a work-in-progress people.)

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
And keep washing your hands. 

2 comments:

Lou Anne said...

You, Ma'am, are a very cute super hero!

I Can Work With That said...

HAHA! Thanks LouAnne. I'm trying to stay strong.
Hugs!
Chickie