Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Pencil Skirt Adjustments

 Hello Readers. I started sewing about 25 years ago because everything always seemed too long on me. I am short y'all. Like real short. I am 5 feet tall. Not 5 and some inches, Just 5 feet. They don't usually make clothes for my height. Not off-the-rack, and not in my budget anyway. So, I started sewing to hem my own clothes. I sewed more and more over the years because it was so worth it. Alterations are expensive but they can make a huge difference in how clothes look.

What are we hemming today? Skirts.

This skirt was a fun summer print that I loved but was a bit big at the waist and of course, too long.

I made new side seams and took about an inch from each side. I shortened it and I was done. 
 
My new shorter skirt fits so much better. But wait there is more. 
 
I had a second skirt that needed the same treatment. It was too big around the waist and just a little too long.
 
 This skirt had Dachshunds all over it. I really can't resist wild, unique or colorful fabrics and I loved this skirt because of these little guys. 
 
It reminded me of my most loyal staff member, Assistant Creative Director Gordon. He can't sew but he's cute.
 
I cut it shorter and hemmed it and I took the waist in just a bit. 
 
I was so much happier with the fit of this skirt now. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

 



 

 


 

No comments: