Thursday, June 27, 2024

Overall Oops

 Hello Readers. I thought I had a great idea. I thought I could turn this dress into loose over-sized overalls. Mistakes were made. And my plan fell apart. Life is like that sometimes.

Oops!

I really thought this was going to be an easy refashion project. I was really wrong. 
 
I folded the dress in half and cut out the middle to make the legs of my new overalls.
 
I cut the dress so that there were 2 legs. This was going to be very big and so baggy that I couldn't possibly mess this up. But everyone makes mistakes and I was about to be humbled.
 
But I cut the body much too short. Even with the adjustable straps, I couldn't get my upper body into this. It was a disaster.
 
Could I cut the top off and make lounge pants?
 
No. No, I could not. This was not a good sewing day for me. Let's just quit now. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 
 

 




3 comments:

Courtney@Booksnboys said...

Just found your blog looking for inspiration to refashion some of my clothes. I super appreciate you posting a fail in addition to your clever creations - I have definitely had more fails than wins so far! But everything is a learning experience, right?

Vi said...

I really appreciate you sharing your mistakes with us. When something I try comes out all wrong it's nice to know I'm not alone! I really love your blog. It's my favorite refashioning blog.

I Can Work With That said...

That you both for the encouraging comments. Sometimes fsailure helps us learn.
Chickie