Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Poofy Dress Week #2

 Do you like big poofy dresses? They are all over my Instagram feed and I love them. This yellow dress was such a pretty eyelet lace, I loved the cotton fabric and it had a cotton lining. No nylon anywhere?? Thank goodness. I hate nylon. But these little spaghetti straps were not  great for me. 

Before and after.

I loved almost everything about this dress, except the straps. How do people where a bra with these little straps. My bra straps are not narrow like this. And strapless bras are not always comfortable. But I had an idea. Let's add sleeves. 

I removed the bottom tier off and saved it for sleeves. Stay with me though, I am going to put it back on the dress later.

I pinned the fabric from the bottom of the dress to the shoulder sleeves to make sleeves. But I didn't use all the fabric, only about 1/2. I sewed the sleeves to the straps so my shoulders and bra straps would be covered. 

The sleeve is attached on the strap on top of my shoulder and on the dress under my arm. 

If you look closely, you can see how much less full/gathered the lowest tier of the dress is after I took  off the lowest tier to make sleeves, and put what was left back on the dress. I don't mind it being less gathered. It still looks full and I love having sleeves. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.








No comments: