Thursday, May 30, 2024

Grandma Core Upcycle

 Hello Readers. I found this shirt at a clothes swap and loved the flowers  It seemed like it might be a little "Grandma Core". I decided to make an off the shoulder shirt. That would probably remove all the grandma vibe from the shirt. 

Before and after.

The shirt was long and loose so I thought I would have enough fabric to make a gathered off-the-shoulder shirt. 

I folded the cut edge in and added elastic around the shoulders. 

I added elastic to the wrists. 

I also added elastic at the waist. 

The elastic gathers the fabric together into nice ruffles and it changed the shape of the shirt. That for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely remake as are so many you do. But in your comments you made some insulting, ageist statements. Why are you looking down your nose at what older women wear? Old people. The last ones it's permissible to insult. Please think about what you said and how it might make someone feel.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Anonymous,
Thank you for your comment. I apologize to you and anyone else who was upset, for causing any offense with my descriptions or word choices.
Chickie