Tuesday, May 21, 2024

The Duck Shirt

 Hello Readers. When I saw this fun shirt at a thrift store and I knew I should bring it home with me. It is absolutely ridiculous and I love it. Who made this? They need a raise immediately!

Before and after. Yawn!
 
The little ducks had orange beaks and for a quick minute I really wanted to put these 2 pieces together. That is crazy right? I was going quackers. (hahaha, I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.)
 
I cut the sleeves and shoulder of the shirt away. I just wanted the body of the shirt. 

I used my serger to make sure all those cut edges didn't fray.

I pinned this yellow ribbon around the top of the shirt. I folded the shirt over on itself so that it would fit the ribbon.
 
 I sewed the ribbon to the top of the shirt. The ribbon is a fun pop of yellow.

I used the same ribbon to make shoulder straps. I sewed them in the front first. Then tried it on to make sure I had the length right before attaching the straps in back.

I thought this would be a sundress but it really looks like sleepwear. That is OK with me. I needed summer sleepwear. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
Quack.







No comments: