Thursday, May 16, 2024

Vintage Dress 3

 Hello Readers. I love vintage clothes and I had a few vintage dress I wanted to update and wear in my everyday life. Dresses are so comfortable in warmer weather. Let's get refashioning!

Before and after.

I liked the colors and design of this dress but it needed some quick changes to make it ready to wear in public.

I cut some of the length off this dress. I used the horizontal stripes as a guide for my cutting. 
 
I used my serger on the hem. This will prevent any fraying. I turned the edge under and sewed it down for a neat hem.
 
I decided to make this dress sleeveless. I cut the sleeves off but left about 1/4 inch of sleeve in place so I could turn it under. I wanted the armholes to look nice and neat. 

I used my serger on the edge so it would not fray and then I turned it under and sewed it down with my sewing machine. 
 
I liked the contrasting designs at the hem and the neckline. I didn't cut all of the contrasting color off I just made this dress into a shorter summer dress. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 






No comments: