Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Buttondown to Tie Front Shirt

 Hello Readers. Check out this preppy button-down shirt. It was too stiff and formal for me. (It looks like I skipped class at my ritsy private school to meet with my banker about my investments.) But I did love all the different colors. Let's make something fun.

Before and after.

I cut the sleeves into a short sleeve length. I saved the sleeves for later.

I also cut off the collar. 

I cut the button plackets off. I won't need them.

I cut the length of the shirt shorter. I wanted it to be shorter and I didn't want that high-low hem. 

I used my serger on all the cut edges so they wouldn't fray. 

Then I turned the edges under and used my sewing machine to sew them down. 

It was all looking nice and neat. 

I cut one of the sleeves into strips. I needed to make ties for the front of the shirt. 

I folded them in twice and sewed them together.

I tied the ends in a knot to finish them.

I used clips to arrange the ties evenly on the front of the shirt. 
 
Then I took this shirt on a road trip.

This shirt is so much more fun than a button-down shirt. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.










No comments: