Thursday, May 23, 2024

Dramatic Jacket

 Hello Readers. I saw this jacket from Mood Fabrics. It was so fun and cool and dramatic. Then I thought some more.... I had clothes that I could use to make that jacket easily. 

The inspiration is on the left and my imitation is on the right. Mood is an amazing fabric store but they also share patterns and ideas. They are a great sewing follow.

This cropped jacket was a refashion from last June. 

This dress was a refashion from last summer too. 

I cut the sheer layer from the dress. It is tulle and doesn't fray so it is easy to cut off and work with. I cut it open along one seam so I could spread it out on my sewing table.
 
I sewed the tulle to the hem of the jacket. 
 
I decided to add some trim just for fun. It would add to the drama right?
 
The tulle is so fun. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 

 

 

 




No comments: