Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Two Too Sheer

 Hello Readers. I am loving the warmer weather and the lighter weight clothes of spring. It is so nice to wear less layers. But some of the spring/summer clothes I have in my sewing room are a little too light weight. This skirt was a hand-me-down (Thanks M.D.!) and I wanted to make it work.

 
A skirt on top of a dress? Why not?!?!
 
The white dress was a little too sheer by itself. The animal print skirt also seemed too sheer. I don't trust white clothes. A surprise spring rain and your clothes are see-through. This happened to my white shirt at a church picnic a long time ago.  #neveragain 

The pink skirt was a little big. I decided to take it in and shorten it so it would fit better.

There was a back seam in this skirt so I just took a little out from the back. I cut straight down the back of the skirt. 

I used my serger for the new back seam because it is much better with knits. 

I cut some length from the skirt. It felt a little too long on me and I waned it to be just a little longer than the white dress. 

I gave it a new hem and I was finished with the skirt. I think this will be a really comfortable outfit this spring.
 
  Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.






No comments: