Thursday, April 25, 2024

House Dress to Pajamas

 Hello Readers. It is spring and that means it is getting warmer and we don't need to bundle up like we live in the arctic. This blue plaid fabric just says spring. Let's make some light weight spring pajamas.

Grandmom's house dress to fun pajamas. (This is not really my Grandmom's dress. I wish it was.)

I used a pattern for boxer style pajama shorts. I cut the shorts out from the bottom of the dress. The hem of the dress will be the hem of the shorts. That will save me a lot of time. 

I sewed the 2 pieces of the shorts together. 

I folded the waist down and made a casing for elastic, put in the elastic and sewed the casing shut. 

I used the top of the dress for the pajama top. I cut most of the skirt off the top. I kept some of the skirt so the pajama top would be long enough. I hemmed the bottom of the new shirt and used my hair straightener to iron the hem. It works so well. 

My new pajamas were ready. I love them! I might wear these out and about. If you see me out there, don't say anything, just pretend that these are really clothes. Thanks for reading along, Now go make something fun for yourself.








No comments: