Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Linen Pants to Shorts

 Hello Readers. I have had these linen pants for a long time and they have been waiting to be refashioned for a long time. I already had a pair of beige linen pants. I did not need 2 pairs. Let's make something else. 

Warm weather is coming. Let's make shorts.

These pants were made of very nice linen. I liked the wide legs but these were really wide and long on me. And they had something I hate. 

There was a horrible nylon lining. Nylon makes me itchy and it is hot in warm weather. The linen fabric is great in heat but if you add a nylon layer, it ruins it for me. A lining can make the pants last longer and drape nicely when they are worn but it isn't worth it for me. I started cutting the nylon layer out.
 
I literally just cut it out. It was connected along the waistband and I cut as close to the waistband as I could without cutting the linen. If I get any stray threads when I wash these pants I can trim them. It will be inside the pants no one will know. (Shh, don't tell.)

Here is the entire lining. Good riddance nylon. I never liked you anyway!

I cut the pant legs off. I wanted to save those legs for another project. Come back tomorrow to see the pant legs refashion.

I turned the hem under twice and stitched it down with a straight stitch. Easy as pie!

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.



 



No comments: