Monday, June 5, 2023

Travel Refashions #2

  Hello Readers. I am going on a trip to England and I decided to coordinate my travel wardrobe. I am packing all new refashion projects and I will be posting about my journey and my outfit of the day along the way. This post is about a tight dress that became a fun tank top. 

Before and after.

This dress is too tight but I loved the design. The bright floral design with the white seemed perfect for summer time. But I couldn't zip it. I haven't zipped it in a long time. 

I cut the top of the dress off. I unpicked the pleats and used the skirt to make my new tank top. 

I used the same Luna tank pattern that i used a  a few weeks ago. I extended the length this time to make a tank I could tuck in. 
 
I used bias tape to finish the neck and arm holes.
 
Bias tape close up! 
I actually made 2 of these tanks tops. This blue dress had a couple bleach spots on it so I cut it up too. 

I made them together because you can't have too many tank tops for summer.

I used a different bias tape for this blue tank top. These retro flowers were so pretty.
 I think these will be great shirts on their own but also great to layer with other things. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Follow up review***
My trip was so much fun.-These 2 tanks were so handy. They were great alone when it was warm and they were a good layer when it was cooler.

***Year End Update- I didn't know how much I needed these summer tops until I made them. I wore them all summer.



No comments: