Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Making An English Style Tea Station

 Hello Readers. I just got back from a wonderful vacation to England. I have not traveled much in my life so this was an amazing experience for me. I went with my daughter and we both had so much fun. I am a tea drinker and while I was there I learned that I needed to improve my tea game. I made a tea station in my kitchen so I could make better tea and enjoy it more everyday.

My new tea making spot.

When I say I was enjoying the tea in England, I truly mean it. We had several fancy afternoon teas. These were more elaborate than I could do for myself everyday but I learned that I was missing out on some details to make my tea time better.

Every hotel I stayed at had a tea and coffee spot. This one was actually suspended from the wall like a shelf. It was small and simple but I was still impressed. The fancy teas and this basic set-up had some things in common that I wanted to have at my house. They all had white and brown sugar. I have never seen brown sugar in tea and it is delicious. 
 
In America hotels usually have a coffeemaker and maybe a microwave. But in every hotel I was in in England there was an electric water kettle. I have never used one of these and never knew how fast they heated up. They were all faster than my stove top and the water was hotter than my microwave. It's time for a new way to make tea.
 
I chose this spot by the sink to have easy access to water. I thought a tray would keep everything together and looking neat.
 
I bought a small electric water kettle. There are so many styles and designs available. I thought this one was cute but you may have totally different style. There is something for everyone out there.
 
It comes with a hot plate or burner that plugs in. That will stay on the tray. 
 
*Important-I washed out the kettle with soap and water. I dried it off thoroughly. 
 
I set it on the tray as the star of the show. I chose a white kettle to match the rest of the dishes I was going to use. Matching the color will make the whole tray look cohesive, organized and intentional.

I wanted sugar cubes because they seem fancy and fun. I thought white and brown sugar would be good for me and any guests I might have over. I can't get brown sugar cubes at any stores near me so I ordered these online. 

I put the cubes in dishes so they would be easily accessible.

I bought some fancy tea in London and put out different kinds so I would have a little variety.
 
I also put out my favorite English Breakfast tea. I already had this in my cabinet.
 
I made sure that everything was ready for the morning when I am trying to wake-up. Its also great for guests and they can get a cup of tea for themselves anytime. I didn't put out milk because I don't put it in my tea but it is traditional and it would be a great addition. 

It's tea time! Cheers.

***Year End Update- I still use this every day. It makes my morning easier to have everything all together.






 

 

 

 

 








No comments: