Friday, June 17, 2022

One Last Giraffe

 Hello Readers. I know this month has been a lot of animal prints and most of them were giraffes. But... I have one more giraffe to share. This long sleeve shirt was soft and stretchy but I just felt like it might be too much. Like too much giraffe print? Let's see how we can calm down a print that feel like too much. 

Before and after. 

This shirt was a little baggy and a little long on me and the skirt was a mid knee length, that wasn't great on me either.

I decided to size the shirt down a little. 
 
These cut edges just need to be put together again with a zigzag stitch or a serger. Use what ever you have.
 
The skirt got a little trim and a new hem for the lining and the skirt itself.

I loved how this outfit turned out. It was looking much better but...it was so hot when I wore it that I went back to the sewing room asap.

I decided the sleeves needed to be shorter and the length of the shirt could be shortened also. I wanted to use my serger and do a flatlock stitch. I am still learning how the serger can do different things. 

I stitched the right sides together and then ....

Here is a close up of my first flatlock stitch. This will be great for other knit clothes too. Thanks for reading along, now go make something for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I love this shirt. It is soft and gets a lot of wear. I haven't worn the skirt as much. Maybe tan is not fun enough for me?


No comments: