Friday, June 10, 2022

Scarf & Tank

 Hello Readers. I hope you are enjoying the animal prints this month. I am liking them more than I thought I would. I liked this lightweight giraffe scarf but wanted to incorporate it into a piece of clothing.

  Before and after.

What could I do with this long narrow giraffe scarf? And a tight white tank top? And a frumpy white denim skirt? 

I cut the tank top open on the sides. I was going to use the scarf to make this tank bigger so I needed to open it up. 

I cut the scarf in half so I had 2 equal pieces to put into the sides of the tank. 

I pinned the whole shirt-scarf combo together and it looked like this. I used my sewing machine to stitch it all together. 

 
After sewing it all together it looked like this. It was unusual but I liked it a lot. It seemed very dramatic.

This white denim skirt was just too long and too boring. I cut the hem off the skirt. Then I started cutting fringe. I wasn't sure how long to make the fringe. I started with 1 1/2 inch cuts but that wasn't enough. I cut them longer after trying it on. 

I loved the fringe at about 3-4 inches long. The shorter skirt looked better and the fringe was so fun. I didn't cut them exactly I just started snipping away. I liked these 2 pieces together. But where are the long scarf bits on the side?

I thought it would be fun to tie them in the back. What do you think? Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- This shirt was fun but I didn't wear it as much as I thought I would. I am not sure why. It is put away for next summer.









No comments: