Wednesday, June 15, 2022

A Giraffe & Biker Shorts

Hello Readers. I have noticed that biker shorts are masking a come-back. I remember them from the 90's. It's like leggings for summer. Pajamas you can wear in public.  I didn't have any and I wasn't going to buy any but I wanted some. 

Before and after.

 
You can guess how happy I was when I found these shorts under this skirt from my stash. I had no idea this was a skort! I was thrilled, as you can see. 

I cut the skirt off the shorts of the skirt. I cut as close to the seam as I could without cutting the seam itself. 

Once the skirt was cut off I could work on the fit of the shorts. 

The waistband was a little loose so I took it in along the side seam. I only needed to take it in about an inch on each side. I made a new seam at an angle so it would blend into the existing seam. 

I wanted to change the button-up shirt into a light flowy layering piece. These biker shorts are going to be great but I might want to cover up my bum. A longer but light weight top layer will be perfect for that. 

I was comfy and cool and my bum was covered. Win, win, win!

This was perfect for running errands when I just wanted to stay home in my pajamas all day. My youngest took this picture for me, so photo credit to him. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- The shirt is still nice but the biker shorts got SO much wear. I need to focus on basics more I think.






No comments: