Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Scarf to Wrap Skirt

 Hello Readers. I hope you are having a calm peaceful summer. If you have seen the news lately it seems like nowhere and nothing is calm or peaceful. If you are hurting or feeling overwhelmed, you are nor alone. I am not blind to what is happening and I hope for better days. Sewing helps me find some quiet peaceful time in my week. I think I keep sewing for my own good.

Before and after.

 
I made this infinity scarf a few years ago from some giraffe print cotton. It was a little bulky as a scarf but I didn't have much of the fabric and I couldn't think of anything else it could it be at the time. But now I have an idea.

I opened up the whole scarf and "removed the seams that held the scarf together.

I had a long narrow rectangle when I was done opening the seams. I wanted to turn this rectangle into a skirt. A wrap skirt to be precise. 

I made 2 large tucks in the back of the skirt to make the waist smaller. There is plenty to wrap in front of me for the wrap skirt.

Wrap skirts usually have a belt that ties around the waist or some kind of button closure at the waist. But I found a faster way to keep the wrap skirt closed. 

I found these buttons on Amazon. (NOT AN AD!) They can be used on jeans or whatever you want. They can go on the garment where ever you need them to go and they don't need any button hole. The pin goes through the fabric and the cover keeps the button attached. You can change the size of the waistband by moving the buttons. The buttons stayed on really well when I wore mine.

The skirt crossed over in the front like a wrap skirt should. I loved the print and the cotton fabric was very comfortable as a skirt.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- This was so much better as a skirt, I am glad I made it a wrap skit so it won't ever get too tight.








































No comments: