Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Green Leopard Spots

 Hello Readers. Today's post is about a dress that I did not refashion. I liked this dress just as it was but I usually can't wear dresses to work so  couldn't wear it very often. Let's find a way to wear it more easily and more often. 

 
Before and after. 
 
 
I just needed some casual pieces to wear the dress with to make it more casual. I had some black pants were part of a haul that was hanging on the fence next to my dentists office when I took my son in for a checkup. (Small town life!) 
 
They were new with tags from Banana Republic and they fit perfectly in the waist and hips but the length was crazy long, even with heels. (FYI- I am very short.) There were actually 2 pairs of these black pants on that fence so I got a double freebie. I shortened one pair and now I could do something else with the second pair of black pants. And here we are, so let's do it. 

I did some cutting and sewing. 

These pants were so nice. I never would have made shorts from them unless I had 2 pairs. Shorts for summer were something I knew I could really use. And now I had some really nice shorts.
 
 I decided to wear the dress open at the bottom over the shorts. I don't have to wear it as a dress, I can wear it anyway I want. There are so many possibilities.
 
 You can button the bottom button behind you to get this look. It can work on a long loose button-down shirts as well. So borrow your man's/dad's/neighbor's/friend's shirt and try it.

 I wore the belt that came with my dress but you can wear yours however you like.  I like this because it can still be a dress if I want.  When I wear it like this I don't have to worry so much about sitting like a lady because the shorts are there. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I wore these shorts all summer and the dress is still a favorite. I still like it as a jacket and a dress.

No comments: