Friday, June 3, 2022

Tight Tiger Transformation

 Hello Readers. I am really getting into animal prints this month. Today's post is about a dress. I think it is a tiger stripe print with some leopard spots mixed in? I am not sure but I did like the pattern and colors.

 
 Before and after.

This dress was a little too tight in the chest but the pattern was so wild, it is hard to tell. I didn't like the buckle right under my chest either. I needed to keep what I liked about this dress and fix what I didn't like.

I started by cutting off the part that didn't work for me. I cut the whole top section off. When the parts of a garment that I don't like are out of the way it is easier to see what I have left to work with.

I used my serger to sew the cut edge together and make a waistband. This dress was going to be a midi length skirt now.

I liked this new length skirt better. I could move the gathers and that big buckle down so the whole thing looked more like a belt. It was more comfortable with the buckle lower. (It wasn't poking me in the rib cage anymore.)

My new skirt was easy to wear and I liked it so much better. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I still like the colors of this skirt and I think I put it away for warmer weather. I think I should get it out and try to winterize it. I still like it so much.


No comments: