Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Belt

 Hello Readers. Red and green are so strongly associated with Christmas that a little can go a long way. 

 
Before and after.
 
 
This jacket was a lot of red and green plaid. I liked the idea of using the fabric in another way. 
 
 
I decided to make a wide fabric belt. I cut the sleeves off the jacket. 
 
 
I marked them because I wanted to make them more narrow. 

 I cut off the excess fabric and connected the two sleeves at the cut edges and that was my belt. 

 The buttons at the wrist were going to be part of my belt but how would I connect the front of the belt. This is also how I would take the belt on and off.

 
I was going to use these hair bands to make the connecting piece. 
 
 
I tied them together and they added some stretch to my belt. 
 
 
It was a fun touch to the dress. Merry Christmas to all of you who are celebrating tomorrow.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this!!! I can't wait to try it out myself, thank you for the inspiration! :)
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

I Can Work With That said...

Yay! Happy sewing to you!
Chickie