Friday, December 31, 2021

Dying Formal Wear

Hello Readers. Sometimes clothes are a little ... meh. This black and white dress just didn't "spark joy". The lace applique was very pretty and it was the only thing it has going for it. What can we do to liven things up a little. 

 
Before and after.
 
 
This dress wasn't the greatest quality fabric and I wasn't super in love with it. It was cheap polyester blend material. If you lit a match next to the dress it would probably melt down in less than 10 seconds. It fit really well and the black lace was really pretty. I also liked that it had shoulders and sleeves. A lot of formal wear is strapless and that isn't my favorite style. 
 
 
 I started this refashion by shortening the dress. It was way too long for any party I was going to attend. My plan was to dye the dress. (I actually dyed this back in November when I dyed a shirt. I wanted to get all I could from that bottle of dye.) I thought gray dye would cover the top but leave the black skirt unchanged. I thought some added color would make give the top more depth. 
 
 
The new gray color was a nice change. And the shorter length made the dress a little less formal. I wish you a happy new year. 

***It is not too late to check out Dressember.org They are working to fight human trafficking. I have been refashioning (And wearing.) dresses all month to raise awareness about the issue.

No comments: