Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Blue Formal

 Hello Readers. Are you going to celebrate on New Year's Eve? You might be going out, or going to a party, or going to the living room. Whatever you do and where ever you go, I wish you a happy 2022. I wanted to create a party look in case I had a party to go to. I was not counting on Covid/Omicron showing up and messing up plans for a lot of us.

Before and after.

This dress is obviously dated. (I prefer the term "vintage". I am almost 50 so I will not be describing myself as old, I am now "vintage".) I loved the light blue color. The material was very soft as well. It seemed home-made. I loved that. Some woman somewhere spent a lot of time to create this outfit. I wanted to honor that but also make it wearable for today. 

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the matching jacket. Let's just focus on the dress. It was very long and formal looking on me. I am not a formal person so how could I make it more casual and wearable. 

I started with a huge cut in the length. It was just too long on me. I wanted the length to be just above the knee.

It just needed a quick hem. Sometimes easy fixes are all that is needed. 

It looked like this when I was done. 

I was ready for a party. 

I could also dress the dress down with my favorite striped sweater. Happy New Year!

***I have been raising money all month by wearing dresses or ties everyday. Why? I do it because the impact of human trafficking and forced labor on our modern world is staggering. 
1 in 10 children worldwide is hurt by this issue. We need to change this situation now. Go to Dressember.org to learn more.

No comments: