Friday, December 10, 2021

Christmas Jammies

 Hello Readers. Red and green are the traditional colors of Christmas and if I see red and green together that is all I think of. Christmas!

 
Before and after. 
 
 
I found this 2 piece dress at a swap ages ago. I was never able to think of what to make with it because it was so red and green. I realized it would make perfect Christmas pajamas.
 
 
These shoulder pads were the first thing to get removed. I do not need shoulder definition while I am sleeping.
 
 
The waistband on this shirt had lost all it's stretch so I cut that off too. I hemmed that cut edge at the bottom of the shirt and gave the shirt a nicely finished hem.

 
I cut the waistband off the skirt as well and I ironed the fabric from the skirt so it was flat. I used a pattern I had that was for loose pajama shorts. I was going to extend the legs and make pajama pants. There was plenty of fabric in this skirt to make pajama pants.

 
I used my serger to put the leg seams together. I added a fresh elastic waistband and hemmed each leg. 
 
 
 
My new pajamas were done and ready to wear. My youngest helped me with this photo. That is why there are 2 little hands holding those pants.

 
I am ready to go sit by the Christmas tree with a cup of cocoa. This paisley set was perfect for a  refashion in honor of the Dressember organization. I am refashioning and wearing dresses this month to raise money to fight human trafficking. Visit their website to learn more about how wearing a dress can help.

4 comments:

KD said...

Perfect use of that long red and green dress! And the top already had a button front! You are so ready for Christmas Eve!

I Can Work With That said...

Hi KD! Yes, the fabric was soft and made perfect jammies too.
Chickie

jenny_o said...

Nice call on re-using that fabric. Love the shot of the little hands holding up the pj bottoms! lol

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Jenny, Those pants were so flowy they would not photograph well. It looked like a skirt until he held the legs out for me. Might as well put the kids to work right?
I think I gave him a cookie as payment. :)
Chickie