Hello Readers. Today's project was a great idea that didn't survive my carelessness. It started with these two tops. A floral sweater and a pleated green blouse.
The sweater is just lovely. The flowers are very pretty and well done. The dark navy background keeps it from being too cute. It has one problem, it is a little short.
The green blouse is a nice match to the sweater. It is just waiting to be made into a ruffle to lengthen the sweater. I cut the bottom 6 inches off the blouse.
I pinned it to the sweater.
I narrowed the sweater around the waist. (Canine Supervisor - KC)
I was ready to iron out those pleats. This is where things went wrong. I didn't check the setting on the iron and this blouse sort of melted. It was not salvageable. I was sad but wanted to share the the idea with you. You can try something like this with your own sweater.
I didn't damage the sweater, so I removed the melted green ruffle. I am just wearing it with a shirt under it. It works but it wasn't as fun as the green blouse would have been. Oh, well.
What a sour puss!
Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself. And be careful with your iron!