Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Pumpkin Pie Shirt: No Sewing Needed!

Hello Readers. It is November and in homes all across the U.S. people are getting ready for Thanksgiving Day. One of the best things about it is pumpkin pie. This shirt is a beautiful color and all I can think of when I see it is, "Pumpkin Pie!".


You don't need to do any sewing for this shirt. You just need scissors and a big men's T-shirt. I used an extra large shirt. Find a shirt that has a big loose fit like this.


 The first step is cutting off the hem at the bottom. Save it, you will need it later.


Here is a blurry picture of my shirt with the arms cut off. I also rounded the bottom of the shirt.


I cut off the neck binding. It will look better with a raw edge since the arms and bottom hem are going to be left raw too. The strip you cut off from the bottom earlier is going to be a cord to tie around your waist. 

,

Make one cut in the strip so it is a long cord. Pull on it a bit and it will stretch longer. Cut two tiny holes in each side and thread the cord through from the back so you can tie it in the front.


You could stop now. I added this applique. I used the fusible interfacing to help make it and the shirt more stable for sewing. It irons on easily. It is not an adhesive, it just makes it all stiffer and it was easier to sew. I used my machine to stitch down the outer edge all the way around.


This would be a great, comfortable shirt for Thanksgiving. It is very roomy and it will conceal your tummy after a big meal. That is reason enough to make one.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.

**Note: This was written and scheduled for posting before the violent attacks in Paris. My heart felt sympathies and prayers are with Paris and the French people.
Blessings.

No comments: