Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Green Robe Part 1

Hello Readers. I found this robe at a clothes swap. It had an Asian look to it and it was a very pretty green. I love green. I could have kept it as a robe, but where is the fun in that?

It's a bit windy out today.

Just look at the pretty navy blue design. It is a cotton polyester blend that will be easy to work with.


I started by cutting the robe, just above the string ties it had already built in. I have a plan for the bottom piece. Today we are working on the top. If you look at my cut it is a bit longer in front. That's part of the plan, just go with it.


I narrowed the arms by about half. I used the excess to make a long thin piece of fabric to use as a waistband. I pinned it on and sewed it together. The extra length in front helps it fit around the bust.

What is the dress form wearing? It's padding to make her my size. 

Here is the front. It needed something. I added the buttons to break up all that green. 


I don't want button holes. I want to connect the two buttons with a cord of some kind. (Technical name- Unknown at this time.) I settled for this. It's a hairband that I stole from my daughter. Actually, I stole two. I tied it in a knot and pulled tight, that gave me a 8 shape.


Here is a close-up of the buttons. The bands are black, navy would be better. But you can see what I did to connect the buttons.



Here is a picture that would be good except for my son's finger.


Thanks for reading. Next time will be The Green Robe Part 2. Now go make something fabulous for yourself.





2 comments:

  1. This so cute! I love it. Very clever about the ties.

    Looking forward to the second part!

    ReplyDelete