Friday, November 27, 2015

Pink Plaid Even A Teen Girl Could Love

Hello Readers. Today's project was a soft warm pink plaid shirt. It wasn't for me, it was for my daughter. She liked the material and colors of this shirt. It has great shades of melon and pink.


She didn't like how it fit. It was too loose and baggy. It was big in the arms too. She asked me to fix it for her and keep her identity a secret. 


I took the shirt in through the body and the arms.


It came out very well. I measured and pinned carefully because I know she wouldn't be happy if I messed it up.


It skims over the hips and the wrist doesn't hang over her hand anymore. Once I took the shirt in, I didn't need to shorten the arms.  It has taken years for me to learn to take in the piece before I shorten it. Things seem to get shorter when you narrow them. If you shorten them first, they will get too short when you narrow it after.


This is her saying, "Mom, it's cold! Enough with the pictures".


Thanks for reading. Now go make something fabulous for yourself. (Or your daughter!)

No comments: