Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Flamenco Skirt

Hello Readers. I hope you are having a good day wherever you are. Today's project is a dress I refashioned into a skirt. It reminded me of a flamenco dancer, a little. I got this dress from a clothes swap. Do you have those where you live? The one I went to was at a church, but you can hold one anywhere. Get some friends together and tell everyone to bring a couple things that don't fit or work for them. You set out the clothes and everyone can take something new home. 


This dress was very small on top. I didn't realize how small until I got home. It may be a girls size. No full grown woman is going to fit into the top of this dress. The floral design is wonderful. Let's see what we can do. I want to connect the two side of this top and make it into a waistband.


I put them together and cut off the strap around the neck and the tie in the front. It was a w-i-d-e waistband, so I turned it under once and sewed it down. The body of the dress is full, so I thought it will fit around me as a skirt. The more I worked with it, the smaller it seemed to get. I was starting to worry about this whole plan of mine.


Here it is all finished. The back is slightly longer than the front. I like how it turned out. It is a nice A-line. That is always flattering on everyone.


 The skirt is good, but those shoes were not the best choice. (Ugh!) It isn't a full skirt as I pictured when I started this project. It is more fitted than I planned but I still love the floral design.


Thank you for reading. Now go make something fabulous for yourself.
You can find me on Instagram as chickiewalsh and on Twitter @WorkWithThat

No comments: