Thursday, October 29, 2015

Re-sizing A Man's T-shirt And A Skirt To Go With It

Hello Readers. This project is actually two projects that I did together to make a complete outfit. A fitted gray T-shirt and a pinstripe skirt.


I began with this a baggy T-shirt like this one. I forgot to get a picture of it. Trust me it looked just like this but a bit lighter in color. (Go raid your man's closet. Go ahead, I'll wait here until you get back.) I actually have four of them in different colors. You will see some more refashions with them soon.


I used a shirt I already had as a pattern of sorts. I marked it with a dotted line so you can see where I plan to cut and sew a new seam. The sleeves will be much longer on the new shirt, about elbow length. 


All done. It is really long. You can cut off some length or leave it as is. I left it long so it would stay tucked it. We're half done. Part two of today's project is this skirt. It is a slate blue pinstripe that I love. This skirt as close to a corporate or conservative banker career as I am going to get. I want to make it more fun.


This was quick. I made it a bit tighter and shorter.  I am not a fan of elastic waistbands. They always look bunchy on me. It is better after being taken in, but still not great.


Problem solved. This black sweater covers the waistband nicely. It is getting a chilly outside anyway, I need to wear a sweater.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.


No comments: