Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Mint Maternity Shirt

Hello Readers. Today's project is a maternity shirt refashion. It will be very quick because I am a busy mom today. I have school drop off, a gift to pick-up for MIL, to give the baby a nap, to let my dog out, school pick up and a vet appointment. I am typing this as the little guy naps. I'm sure this sounds familiar to a lot of moms out there.


This mint colored shirt is super soft and stretchy. It makes me think of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yum! It was nice when I was pregnant and after, when I was still big and round. Now, it is too baggy. I have tried tucking it in, but there is too much fabric to look neat. I plan to drastically alter the shape. The bottom of this shirt is much wider than the shoulders. I am going to make the shape much more fitted. 


When I begin a new seam I start in the machine finished seam that is already there. I sew at an angle from there. It seems to blend in better that way. This material was easy to sew through. 


It is so easy to alter T-shirts. Try it for yourself. I didn't change the sleeves or shoulders, but they look funny in this picture.


Real life baby and dog care.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.







2 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love curved hems, they are so flattering I find! Great transformation! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for commenting, I love to hear from readers.
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie