Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Cameo T-Shirt

Hello Readers. Today's project is a shirt I made specifically  so I could wear this cameo pin I got in the mail. Let me tell you how it started.


I checked the prices on Amazon for thread and such in comparison to the store. The prices on Amazon were better for some things. I made an order and when I got my items from The Jay Company, they also sent this elaborate cameo pin. I loved the basic cameo. (Thanks Jay Company!) The white cording around it is nice. There is a bow and a couple hanging pearls. I wanted to put the focus on the cameo.


I started with this plain men's T shirt. I cut off the neckband and I cut it up the front. I didn't cut the middle like a cardigan, I cut a little off center, on the right side.


I used the pin to hold the front together. I also rolled the sleeves up twice and sewed a button on each sleeve.


It was too long so I cut off about 6 inches and rounded the front corners. The white of the pin really stands out against the black fabric.



Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.

2 comments:

jenny_o said...

I really like the off-center opening and the pin is perfect. A short-sleeved cardigan-type top would be perfect in mild weather. Never thought of that for a refashion!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jenny-o. It was fun. I saw an off center sweat jacket on Pinterest a while ago, I loved the off-center idea. It took a while for me to find a place to use it.