Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Denim Days-Shorts

 Hello Reader. Some times clothing just needs some simple resizing or restyling to be great and fit well. 

 
Before and after. 
 
There just isn't anything good happening here. I mean, yes, i am wearing clothes. That is important. But these clothes are not great on me. They are shapeless and adding about 20 lbs. (I am American an I do not know how many kilos that is, sorry if you are anywhere else in the world.) The point is, this could be better.

These denim shorts were nice and classic but they just needed the sides moved in a little. I turned them inside out and stitched along the sides inside the side seam. Then I cut off the excess fabric. I didn't want the shorts tight just better in fit. Now they fit great. But what about that top?

I wanted to refit this shirt but I also wanted to save that little tassel detail on the side. I cut the bottom 2-3 inches off. That was going to be a new waistband.

I cut some of the shirt off at the sides. I knew it all needed to be more fitted so I cut the new shirt I wanted. I used the side seams as a guide and cut an inch inside of that seam. (3cm?) I also cut some of that new waistband off, about 4 inches. The waistband needed to be smaller around than the shirt to pull in at the waist.

You can see here where I did my sewing. I used my serger and some rainbow thread so it would be easy to see. This shirt was stretchy so it was easy to put the fabric together for sewing. Making a waistband let me save that little tassel and it gave the shirt a different shape. My new casual summer outfit was ready to go. Go where?

To the beach! This was my last day of a weekend at the beach with my family.
 We stayed at a house with a hammock chair in the living room. It was fabulous. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I still love the shirt so much. It is SO soft. The shorts were great all summer.


2 comments:

KD said...

Clothing that fits well can make you feel more confident! Your refashion of the baggy shorts and shapeless top illustrates this so well. The original items are a nice color, nice fabric, nice style , but because they don't fit well, you might not feel motivated to wear them. Fast forward to the slimmed down shorts, and the refit top. Who wouldn't want to go out and mingle, stroll, relax in this stylish outfit (even if it's just a walk around the neighborhood)? Well done!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks KD! I did feel a lot better when the clothes fit well.
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie