Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Denim Days-A Shirt Refashion

 Hello Readers. We are getting to the end of May but I have a couple denim refashions before the month of denim is over. Sometimes I sew with a real purpose in mind... sometimes I am just playing around. I wanted to combine these 2 shirts for fun. I thought they could be more interesting. 

2 shirts combined. 

 
There wasn't really anything wrong with these shirts. I just wanted to make them more fun. 
 
I cut the shirts in 2 pieces. I cut under the pockets so I did not damage them and I tried to avoid cutting through any buttons. I also cut the sleeves so I could combine them too. 
 
When I put the shirts together I sewed the denim layer on top. I am really into frayed denim and I wanted that denim layer on the outside so it would show as it frayed over time. 
 
I used this faded denim colored thread. It blended in really well. 
 
Here is a look at the denim edge. It will fray over time and give the shirt a fun casual look. 
 
This was the first shirt I made. This was the originally planned project and I love how it turned out. I wore it on vacation. There was a pool table at the pool! I played against my 7 year old and he said I lost. Oh well. 

I realized that all these scraps could actually make a second shirt and thought I should put them all together. (Bonus shirt!) This shirt turned out shorter in length but I thought that was cool too. I liked them both open as a jacket combined with white. Do you have a favorite? Let me know below in the comments. 
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I liked both of these shirts, I gave one to my daughter and kept one for myself.



 
 

 
 

 

 


 


2 comments:

KD said...

I like these 2 new shirts equally. I think they have more personality than the originals.

Last year I was trying to come up with ideas for refashioning a thick brown long sleeve T and a dark green sweatshirt. I couldn't come up with ideas for each as its own garment. I decided to switch the sleeves on the two, put a green tie around the neck of the brown T, and cut the green sweatshirt into a cardigan, with brown trim around the front opening. I loved the new set.

I Can Work With That said...

Hello KD,
Thanks for the comment. I like your green and brown idea. I only kept one shirt, my daughter took the other. It's always good to share.
Chickie