Friday, May 27, 2022

Denim Days-Add Some Adidas

 Hello Readers. This is my last denim post of May. (I have another fun theme planned for June. Animal Prints!) For now let's focus on the denim. This whole project was inspired by @blueprintdiy who has done some amazing refashions with some Adidas clothing and much more. Go check her out, she is super stylish.

Before and after. 

These jeans fit when I bought them and they were the right length so that is why wanted to refashion them. Jeans that are the right length for me is a special thing. But they are too tight now. That's OK. I can fix this. A lot of refashions are making something big into something smaller but today we are doing the opposite. Let's make these jeans bigger, more fun and more comfortable.

I started by cutting the side seams open on the sides of the jeans. I cut from waist to hem. 

I could have unpicked the seams but it was a lot faster to just cut it all off. 

My friend Deb gave me some Adidas sweatpants. I liked them but I couldn't quite fit into them. I decided to use them for parts and cut the stripe detail out of the sweatpants. I cut the striped part out and left 1/2 inch seam allowance. 

I put the right sides facing each other and stitched the stripes into my jeans. The stripe pieces added about 2 inches to each side.

Here is a look at the right sides that are now sewn together. 

I used a straight stitch to connect the striped pieces to the jeans and I added a zigzag stitch on the edge to control fraying inside my jeans. The zigzag stitch will keep it all nice and neat. 

The striped pieces went into the jeans easily. The waistband of the sweatpants is still there and I hemmed the bottom of the sweat pant pieces to match the length of the jeans. 

Here is a close look at the waist. 

I can't tell you how comfortable these jeans are now. I love them. And the stripes are so much fun! Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- These jeans got so comfortable with the striped fabric added. They got more fun too. I still wear these a lot.










2 comments:

buckeyemom4life said...

I LOVE IT!! I too was inspired and have the jeans and a pair of Adidas sweatpants-wish me luck!

I Can Work With That said...

You can do it! Happy sewing to you!
Chickie