Friday, May 13, 2022

Denim Days-Vest to Jacket

 Hello Readers. This little white vest has been in my closet for quite a while. I wanted to add some excitement and add some more room. It was a little too tight.

 
Before and after. 
 
 I liked the white denim vest a lot. But what if it was a little bigger? I liked this lace shirt a lot too. What if I put them together? They would make a great combination. The denim is classic and the lace would add a little something extra.
 
This lace button-down style shirt is the perfect source of the extra fabric I needed to make the vest a little bigger. It is really pretty white eyelet lace fabric. The lace shirt was too big and I could cut some of it off and use it for my vest. 
 
My first step was to cut open the sides of the vest. 

The next step was to cut the sleeves off this lace shirt. I cut around the arm holes and then I cut about 3 inches from each side of the shirt.

These small side pieces are what I needed to make the whole vest bigger around.
 
The pieces went together sort of like a little puzzle.  

The lace sleeves were a pretty way to turn the vest into a jacket. 

I love the eyelet lace with the denim. And I love that is is looser and fits better too. 
 
I didn't stop there, I added some eyelet lace to the collar too. I didn't have to, but why not?
 
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

And if you are wondering about the leftovers from the lace shirt, I sewed it back together. It is still a great summer shirt.
*Year End Note From Chickie- These were fun summer pieces. White eyelet lace in the summer is always a favorite.






 
 
 



2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Très sympa !! Chouette idée !!

I Can Work With That said...

Merci beaucoup!
Chickie