Sunday, April 24, 2022

Cut Your Jumpsuit in 2

 Hello Readers. I found this cool jumpsuit at a clothes swap. I really do love a jumpsuit. This one had tiny flowers on it so it went really well with my florals in April theme.

Before and after. 

This jumpsuit was fine as it was but I had an idea. The top would make a cute but quick bustier top. They seem to be all over Instagram so I wanted to try and create one for myself. But I wanted to create it quick and easy. This was my chance. 

I cut the top off the jumpsuit. You can see in the picture that I cut the top fully off the pants. I kept all the seams intact. I cut as close the bottom of the waist seam as I could. The stitching of the seam will keep it from fraying and falling apart but...
 
To be sure it stays looking nice I used a zigzag stitch along that bottom edge. The zigzag stitching along the edge will keep it all together with absolutely no fraying. I used black thread to make sure it blended in. 

 
What about these pants? They have no waistband so I need to fix that. Where could I find a waistband?
 
I cut the waistband off these jeans. The waistband is just the right color for these pants and I love elastic waistbands. (I am getting old. I just want to to be comfortable.)
 
*Inside view.*
I used my serger to keep the layers of the waistband together. Then I used a zigzag stitch in black to connect the pants to the waistband. I put the right sides together and zigzag-ed all the way around the waist.
 
 *Outside view.*
The waistband is soft and works perfectly for these pants. The waistband was so stretchy it fit these pants well. All my stitching is hidden inside the pants.
 
I can wear the 2 pieces together and it still looks like a jumpsuit. 
 
I can also wear the pants by themselves with a different shirt. 
 
 And I can wear the bustier top without the pants and with a different top underneath. I liked this look because I was more covered on my shoulders and arms. I have more to say about the blouse I am wearing under the bustier top in this picture. Come back for the next post to see more. See you then. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I loved both these pieces so much and I gave them to my daughter.
 

 

 

 

 




No comments: