Friday, April 15, 2022

Wild Bell Sleeves

 Hello Readers. I love color and pattern in my clothes and this dress had both. I loved the green color and the wild floral design. But we need to talk about those sleeves.

 
Before and after.

These sleeves are like wild wings. I like statement sleeves as much as anyone but these just feel like too much. The pattern and color scheme of the fabric is enough excitement for this dress. I wanted to calm this dress down just a little and let the fabric be the star. 

Look at this amazing groovy fabric!
 
I cut off that wild and wonderful lace. I saved it but I don't have any ideas about what to do with it yet.

I turned the cut edge of the sleeves under twice and stitched it down. 

The edge is a simple straight stitch. 

My wild dress is a little calmer without the huge bell sleeves. 

This dress is so fun. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- This fabric was wild and fun. It is put away for spring.


3 comments:

KD said...

I agree with you; the dress fabric has plenty of eye appeal, and the large sleeves are over the top. You'll find a good use for the lace before long!

jenny_o said...

I love that lace! I couldn't carry off those original sleeves but I like them and I wish I had the gumption :) Have you considered using, say, the bottom row of the lace to put around the neckline? The dress looks so comfortable!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments. I don't know what I will do with this lace. But I did save it. I will think of something. :)
Chickie