Friday, August 28, 2020

The Baggy T-shirt

 Hello Readers. Corona virus has caused a lot of changes in our everyday life. A very minor issue is that some of my clothes have gotten too tight. I have enjoyed too much baking and snacking. I decided to grab some clothes that were too big and size them down a little. That would make them just right.   (That sounds like Goldilocks, doesn't it?)

 (I know there are so many heartbreaking and complex issues going on right now. I honestly don't have enough expertise or wisdom regarding any of them to say anything wise. But I don't want to ignore the world or any of the hurting people in it either.)

Let's do some refashioning.

  

This shirt is doing nothing good for me. It is comfy and roomy but it is so loose that it is adding size and bulk. The shoulders and sleeves fit pretty well though. I could just change the fit in the body of the shirt.

 

I decided the quickest way to take the shirt in was to take a slice out of the back of the shirt. It would also make the shirt straight and not so big around the hem. I wanted to be able to tuck it in.

 

 These jeans were simple and basic but the waist was too big and the calves were way too big. Why were the calves so big? Do I have unusually scrawny calves and I just never noticed? I don't think so. I think these jeans were just weird, but I can make these fit.

 I made 2 tucks in the back of the waistband. That helped make the pants fit better at the waist but I needed to make the legs thinner from the knees down. I made them a little smaller, tried them on and made them even smaller. I did that over and over until I liked how the calves fit.

  Sometimes basic clothes like this are just what is needed. Making them fit well makes all the difference. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

No comments: