Friday, August 7, 2020

The Leggings Skirt

Hello Readers. How are you doing? I hope you are safe with a cup of tea somewhere reading this post. I have been trying to work through my refashion stash while we are all on this Corona break. I am making some progress.
I had the bottom half of this dress left over from a refashion. I also had a pair of old capri length leggings to use. I was ready to go put it all together.
This is the original dress. It is the ugliest and most boring dress I have ever seen. In. My. Life.
It had 2 side slits that did not help make it more exciting. Who made this? Why did they make this? What hurt them so bad that they made this sad dress as a cry for help?
Some un-sewing was required. I had to unpick the stitches from 1 side of the skirt and sew one side of the skirt closed. I wanted to make a wrap style skirt and use the leggings as the waistband.
I attached the skirt to the elastic waistband inside of the leggings. I realized my leggings were too long. I had to shorten the leggings.
That was no problem.

My new skirt-leggings hybrid was ready to wear.
This black skirt did not photograph well at all. It never showed in the photos. Here is a really bright picture that shows the skirt. It looks like it was taken ON the surface of the sun.
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.


No comments: