Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Lots Of Florals

 Hello Readers. How are things in your neck of the woods? Is there any good news to report? If so let me know in the comments. Today's post is about a lot of florals. At least it felt like a lot of florals to me. They were all over.

 

 This dress was great I love a good floral design but I felt a little over-whelmed by all these flowers. I thought about making it short sleeved. I did that and than I thought, "Do I even need a dress?" I kept going. I couldn't stop!

 

 I decided to make a top. It was less over-whelming as a top. The flowers were so pretty. It made a pretty shirt. I liked the pattern a lot more when there was less of it.

 

 I also thought the top would go with these shorts that were passed on to me recently. These shorts were a great shade of dusty purple.

 

 These shorts fit everywhere except the waist. The waistband gaped open in the back. I hate that. It happens with jeans a lot too. I usually make tucks in the back of the pants but I decided to try a different method to make the waist smaller. I didn't want to loose any room in the backside. 

 

 I made an opening in the waistband. I inserted 1 inch elastic into the waistband. I wanted to make an elastic waistband but only along the back of the shorts. 

 
  I used a zigzag stitch to close the openings and hold the elastic in place. This elastic will improve the fit and be very comfortable. You can see how the elastic pulled the waistband in a little. It still has lot of stretch.  I need room in the waistband for my Corona snacks. (Am I the only one who needs to stop all the extra snacking?)

 My outfit was done and I went for a walk. It is not very exciting but my dog and my youngest child needed to burn some energy off.

 

 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

A.C. said...

I like this new top. Yes,large flowers or whatever are overwhelming to me, too.

We are in the middle of a heat wave here in California and my a.c. just got fixed last night. Today was my first day of a. c. in four days. The temp was 106,7, or 8 with humidity. Looking forward to days of temps in the 90s, that will feel cool.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi A.C.,
I have seen the heatwave in the news. Ugh! It must be awful.
We had a heatwave and storm about 5 years ago and it knocked
out power for 5 days. It was about 100 and humid everyday. It was like camping but I was at home.
Enjoy that air conditioner!
Chickie