Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Resize & Reshape

Hello Readers. Getting clothes to fit well isn't always easy. Today's post is about clothes that did not fit.

This green shirt is such a perfect color but the round scoop neck is just a little too scooped if you know what I mean. I could wear a shirt under it but it is burning hot outside. You know what I don't want?
2 shirts!!!

I have been waiting to fix this shirt. I wanted to thread very thin elastic through the neckline. There is a shortage of elastic right now. (At least in my area.) Everyone is making masks (Which is important.) So, I let this shirt sit and wait until I had an idea.
This thin ribbon!!!
I made a small hole on the inside of the neckband an threaded the elastic through. It will gather the neckline together and it won't be so low. There was still plenty of room to get my head in and out.

You can see the gathered neck line here.

These khaki pants were a blessing from a friend. She passed on some hand me downs. (Thanks J.W.!) I really needed some pants for work. There was a problem with the length.

I wanted to make them shorter and leave the wide legs but I couldn't get the length right. I decided to make them cropped and more narrow. They are very classic and simple. They will go with everything. I love color, patterned clothes but they don't go with each other as well as plain solid colors like these pants.

I am ready to go.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

KD said...

Good saves! I find that this light color (sometimes called "cement") is really versatile. It works well when white is just too much. And kelly green is one of my favorites. I love it with solid, striped, or dotted navy blue when I am feeling conventional, and with bright blue, yellow, and turquoise shapes and florals when I feel I need to be cheery.

The ribbon (or elastic) drawstring is a great tip for drawing in a stretched out or too low neckline. I am thinking that the ribbon might allow some adjustment of the neckline, depending on what the top is worn with.

Such great ideas- thanks for sharing! BTW you are looking good! Comfortable and stylish!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the great comment KD!
I think those pants will go with everything! I hops so anyway!
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie