Thursday, September 10, 2020

The Polka Dots Dress

Hello Readers. How is September looking for you? Things are OK where I live but If you are on the west coast there is fire and terrible smoke. It looks just awful. I'm so sorry. I really hope you are all safe and well.

I am not sure where I got this polka dot dress. It may have been at a clothes swap before Corona shut everything down. It may have been a hand-me-down. (I know it was free because that's who I am.) Either way, it didn't fit well. The arm holes were too low and there was some side-boob. It was also supposed to be loose and flowy but it seemed overly loose and a little to billowy.

The revealing sides worried me but I knew I could fix it. I am all about free clothes and being thrifty but the fit is also important to me.

I made 2 new side seams and made the dress a little more narrow. This is a really easy fix and this nice dress is now a great dress.

This dress is so versatile it can do it all. (Like most modern women.) It can get dressed up for a regional meeting that could have been an email. Or it can be dressed down for weekend comfort and fun.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: