Wednesday, September 23, 2020

1 Last Summer Outfit

 Hello Readers. Summer is over. At least it seems that way where I live. This is the last summer refashion I did before the weather turned cooler.

This light brown linen shirt was a cast off from my husband. He didn't want it any more. I love linen. I love how it wrinkles. I love how it breathes. This shirt just needs a little help to suit me.

I used a shirt I already had as a pattern. I wanted a loose fitting sleeveless shirt not a tight tank top.

I cut out my new shirt and put it all together. I used the bottom of the shirt so I could keep the hem that was already there.

I had a nice loose fitting tank-top when I was done.

I added a small bit of elastic in the back to give it a little shape.

These pants were too wide and long on me. I made them shorts because they were white stripes. I thought white would be a timeless summer look. I saved those 2 leg pieces though. I have a plan for them. You will see them again soon.

I only wore this once or twice and then the weather changed and things have cooled off quite a bit here. I think I can layer the top with other clothes through fall. The light brown is a great fall color. And unless we get a hot day, the shorts are going to have to wait until next summer to get more wear.


 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

4 comments:

KD said...

In the last few years, I have been accumulating more light-weight early fall pieces in neutral or fall-ish colors, such as olive, mustard, bronze, rust, wine. My existing stash of fall clothes seems too heavy for the warmer temps these days, even in the northeast US where I frequently visit. And I definitely don't want to continue to wear my light-weight bright-colored summer clothing in the fall! I'm so tired of summer clothing in the southwest US by early September. Your refashioned light weight neutral-colored outfit is perfect for this time of year. Thanks as always for the inspiration!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much KD! It can be difficult to guess what kind of weather we will have here from one day to the next. fall can be cool or it can be a heatwave. You never know.
I hope your fall is beautiful,
Chickie

Rian said...

Chickie, you never cease to amaze.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Rian! I appreciate the comment.
Happy Sewing to you,
Chickie