Friday, September 25, 2020

The Ruffly Denim Dress

 Hello Readers. Are you in the middle of a beautiful fall? The weather in my area is just gorgeous, but everything else is a disaster. It seems as though the rest of the U.S. is in the middle of a hurricane, waiting for the next hurricane, on fire, unemployed or  just trying to survive in a world that seems very unfair and unjust. Ugh.... everything is a disaster. I can't really do much from here to change any of that except vote. And I already voted.

 So, let's do some sewing and just try to breathe for a while. 

 

This dress was cute but these elasticized shoulders never stay put on me. If I move my arms at all the off-the-shoulder suddenly becomes on-the-shoulder. So annoying!

 


 Thee shoulders and sleeve ruffles ride up and then the dress is suddenly really short. It makes it difficult and sometimes awkward to wear. (No one was flashed in the modeling of this dress.)


I decided to cut the dress up a little. The shoulder ruffle had to go. I decided to keep the ruffle at the hem, it was fun. 

I made the dress into a skirt. The shoulder elastic would make a perfect waistband. Win for me, I don't need to scrounge around for elastic or anything. It was right in front of me. It's a no-waste waistband.


Look at the decorative thread colors. Are they screaming "FALL!" or what?


This skirt is a perfect transition piece between hot summer and cool fall. Those days in between that can be too warm for the heavy fall clothes but you don't want summer colors anymore. The perfectly matching scarf is a free bonus from my closet.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.



No comments: