Friday, July 17, 2020

Polo Shirt Scraps

Hello Readers. How are things in your neck of the woods? Where I live it is a little chaotic. Will schools open? When? How? How often? It's a bit of a mess.

My last post was about a pair of shorts made from my husbands old polo shirt. I had the shoulders and sleeves left over so I decided to make a shirt for myself.
(Use those scraps! My depression era grandparents would be so proud of me for this.)

I needed something to make the body of the shirt and I had this fabric sample from my mother-in-law. It was cotton and I liked the design. I am also really trying to use my fabric stash.
(Why store fabric if I am not going to use it?)

I added the patterned fabric to the top half of this blue shirt.

The shirt was still too big so I cut it down a little.
(I didn't notice until later how badly I spread this out for the photo. Yikes!)

I also used a decorative stitch to finish the hem. I used the edge of the fabric that was already factory finished as the hem of my shirt but it was a little scratchy.

I turned the scratchy edge under and covered it with this stitch.
(I also just wanted to see what this built-in stitch looked like and this seemed like a good time.)

My new shirt was done. I could wear it to work or I could pair it with the blue shorts I made last time. (Again, so badly spread out om my bed. I blame my 5 year old who was playing Legos around me.)

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: