Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Simplified Shirt

Hello Readers. I hope you are well and safe. It is boiling hot where I am so if you are out in that heat for any reason, be careful. Today's post is about a shirt. It was a pretty shirt but it did not work for me.

This ruffled shirt was soft and feminine. But that off-the-shoulder chest ruffle! Ugh! It made me look like a Dolly Parton impersonator. (Don't get me wrong. I love Dolly Parton. She is one of the most prolific song writers, one of the most generous philanthropists and one of the strongest feminists of the modern age. You don't have to take my word for it, check out this cool podcast.)
But what could I do with this shirt?

I started by cutting off that ruffle. This is a knit fabric so it won't fray. I just cut it off and pretended it never existed.

Here is a view of that original ruffle after the removal. The shirt has a great classic shape now. I took the shirt in on the sides a bit to get the fit I wanted.

I really liked this shirt. It was very simple and modern. The neckline was high enough that I didn't have to worry about any cleavage flashing. It was also perfect for the heat wave we are in.

This shirt was also the answer to what I could wear under this peach lace shirt. This second shirt was so pretty but the lace made it very sheer in some places and it was really low cut. (Why designers? Why?)
I loved the color and I think these 2 shirts are going to work well together.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: