Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Work From Home Wear

Hello Readers. Are you working from home? Are you going crazy trying to work from home? I think a lot of people are, don't feel alone! I decided to make a outfit for working from home and possibly doing video conferencing. Some of my work is online in a video call setting so I am getting really used to wearing casual office on the top and casual couch potato on the bottom.

This blue Polo shirt belonged to my husband. He has had it or a while and it got put in the give away pile. (That means I can take it.) I wanted to make that shirt into something else.
The floral shirt is from Talbot's and I think I got it at the last clothes swap I went to back in the winter. I loved the colorful floral design. It is comfortable and proper enough for work.

I decided to make a pair of shorts from the blue shirt. They would be soft and comfortable from home. If I have a video call, no one needs to know that I am basically wearing pajama shorts. Shh, don't tell.
That hem is uneven. I will fix that when I am sewing.

I made a simple elastic waistband. I am at home working (And snacking!) a stretchy waistband is ideal.

My shorts were finished just in time for work. I just needed a shirt.

This shirt was a great match. It looked nice and was super soft. I could wear it to work and to lounge.  Even if I am lounging I need to walk the dog and in this outfit my neighbors wouldn't be worried about crazy pajama lady out walking her dog. Again.

This is a dramatized photo. Working, kids under foot, not enough caffeine and pajama shorts on the video call. It's called working from home and it can be rough. Hang in there.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

KD said...

Cute combination!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much for the comment KD! The colors really got my attention.
Chickie