Friday, July 10, 2020

A Criss-Cross Workout Top & More

Hello Readers. Are you using this quarantine time to work-out more? Are you glued to the sofa and taking as many naps as possible? I am swinging back and forth between those 2 extreme choices.

I had a big men's shirt that I liked a lot. Why? That cool flamingo of course! There is a small flamingo on the front of this shirt, the big flamingo was on the back. It doesn't have to stay on the back. Let's flip this shirt around an ddo something about those long sleeves.

I cut the sleeves and neckband off the shirt and cut the shoulders into points.

I used scissors and cut the front (With the small flamingo.) of the shirt down the middle. I crossed the front halves over each other and tied the points in knots. It is harder to describe than it is to actually do.

It is easier to see what I did on this dress form. I tied these knots and made the back straps a little more narrow. T-shirts don't fray so I cut it to fit the way I thought I would like. It is pretty long so there is plenty of butt coverage in the back. I tied the ends into a knot to gather the fabric together. You could also just let it hang loose. You do you!

And now the big beautiful flamingo is in the front. There is no cleavage to worry about because the neck is really high. This shirt is perfect for napping or exercise, whichever you prefer.

What did I do with the sleeves? I added them to this sleeveless shirt.

I cut the binding off the armholes and added the sleeves to make a raglan shirt.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: